When today's issue of Forest2Market's Mill2Market lumber report goes out, customers will notice it has grown. In 2009, when we published our first report, the report contained one page of data. Today, the report includes 17 pages of data. Specifically, the reports now include :
- Dimension lumber--MSR-2400 (new), #1, #2 Prime (new), #2, #3 and #4
- Timbers--#1 and #2
- Decking—Premium (new) and standard (new)
"This is part of a natural evolution for Mill2Market,” says Bob Bratton, Manager of Forest2Market’s lumber practice. “When we issued our first report in 2009, it contained 76 price points. Now, less than three years later, we report 1,566 individual market price and trend indicators. With every new subscriber, we can report on more products and grades. And we’ll continue to add more metrics as we grow."
Mill2Market is the industry’s only transaction-based market reporting service. With the analysis derived from this data, Mill2Market subscribers make better-informed tactical and strategic business decisions. This product line includes:
- Weekly market analytics that include price, week-over-week price change, weekly volume change, market price variation, mid-week price trend and mid-week volume trend inform tactical marketing and pricing decisions subscribers need to make in the week ahead.
- Historical trend information (from 2009-present) allows subscribers to track prices over time and identify seasonal trends.
- A quarterly benchmark tool provides the data that customers need to improve their performance against the market and make longer term strategic decisions.