Since 1952, Madison's has been publishing quality news and price information about North American softwood lumber products, building a reputation as an independent source of market news.
Madison's Lumber Reporter started as a weekly newsletter detailing current US and Canadian softwood lumber and panel prices.
In July 2018, Madison's Lumber Reporter is moving to Forest2Market's online interactive business intelligence platform, SilvaStat360. The improvements made during this transition include:
- All prices are available on a single screen.
- A single click takes subscribers to a Product Detail page with two years of price history and the ability to look at pricing in comparison to economic indicators (housing starts, GDP, etc.)
- Toggle between prices and commentary (commentary and data are matched at every point).
- The Price Sheet can be filtered, searched and sorted.
- Filters can be saved for quick and easy drill-downs to the exact products you need to make decisions, and these views can be printed and downloaded.
- Comparisons of current week's prices to previous time periods, including one- and two-year rolling averages, are provided.
- Custom Analysis—comparisons of historical prices for multiple products over a ten-year history—can be performed as needed.
- The current week's commentary is provided in an easy-to-read narrative format, organized by topic. Commentary can be filtered by product or species.
- Commentary is archived for twelve weeks, organized by topic. Archived commentary can be filtered by product or species.
A subscription includes two years of price history for nearly 400 lumber and panel products customarily traded in Canada and the United States. These products include:
- Western Spruce-Pine-Fir KD
- Eastern Spruce-Pine-Fir KD
- Douglas Fir KD, Green and Reload Green
- Hem/Fir KD
- Fir/Larch KD
- SYP KD (East and West)--supplied by Forest2Market, Inc.
- Studs KD WSPF and ESPF
- Studs Douglas Fir KD and Green
- Studs SYP
- MSR KD
- Boards KD WSPF and ESPF
- Boards Engelmann Spruce KD
- Boards Ponderosa Pine
- Eastern White Pine Standard and Industrial KD
- OSB - Canadian
- Plywood - Canadian Softwood
- WRC Green Dimension
- WRC Rough Timbers
- WRC Panels
- WRC Boards
A demo video for Madison's Lumber Reporter will be available soon. If you'd like a preview, the User Guide
for the beta version of the product is available.
An annual subscription to Madison's Lumber Reporter provides you with 24/7/365 access to the product through SilvaStat360.
- The base subscription price of $989 per year provides access to a rolling two years of historical data, based on the week your subscription begins.
- If you are interested in a corporate subscription, one that is available to multiple users, special pricing is available.
- Additional years of data are also available for purchase (5 or 10 rolling years instead of 2, for instance). Currently, historical data is available from 2008 to 2018.
To get corporate pricing, to add additional years of data to your subscription, or for historical data, please call +1 980 233 4028.