The Quarterly Lumber Price and Performance Benchmark is the only management tool available for sellers and direct-from-mill buyers of lumber. The benchmark provides subscribers with a complete and accurate picture of their individual operations and how they compare to the broader market. Subscribers use the benchmark to evaluate how a number of factors compare to the market, including:
- Overall business performance
- Volumes of each product sold
- Prices of each product
- Product mix by volume and price
- Average lengths
Using the benchmark tool, subscribers fine tune their purchase and sales strategies and make decisions confidently. For instance, they can:
- Evaluate overall sales and production mix
- Choose the most profitable grades and dimensions to produce given log quality, grade and dimension yields
- Accurately assess the value of mill inventory
The Quarterly Lumber Price and Performance Benchmark provides subscribers with a comprehensive look at performance compared to the market and a detailed look at production or purchases by grade and dimension. The benchmark includes:
- A summary of actual performance:
- MBF: The combined board footage of all lengths and widths reported during the quarter
- Percent Mix: The percentage of total invoiced production mix for all widths and all lengths
- Price: The volume weighted average price per MBF value of all widths and lengths of this grade
- Market area comparison by percent mix and price
- Dimension mix by grade
- Grade mix by dimension
- Reports are distributed only to those who participate in the benchmark. Participants are required to submit 100 percent of their data. This precludes the possibility that data submitted is chosen to skew results. In addition, all data is subject to periodic audit to ensure results are reliable and accurate.
- Learn more about Forest2Market's benchmark methodology.
Comparisons are made to one of two markets:
- East Region: Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia
- West Region: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas
To inquire about pricing or to order, click on the CONTACT US button at the upper right hand side of the screen.