The company will provide storage service to producers, marketers and consumers of wood pellets. ecoFuels proposes the development, construction and operation of a wood pellet port storage facility of at least two 50,000 metric tons storage domes that will provide annual throughput of 1.5 – 2.0 million metric tons on a comingled basis. Construction is anticipated to begin during the quarter of 2013, and the facility is expected to be operational during the fourth quarter of 2014.
Services associated with the construction of facility capacities are estimated as follows:
- Phase 1 dome storage capacity of 100,000 metric tons (Two 50,000 MT domes)
- Peak phase 1 annual throughput capacity of 1,500,000 metric tons
- Rail receiving capacity, 12 hour unit train turnaround (40 cars)
- Truck receiving capacity, on site weighing with bottom drop off-loading
- Phase 1 ship loading capacity up to 1,000 metric tons per hour
- Mechanical completion 3rd quarter 2014
- In-Service 4th quarter 2014
The terminal is strategically located for pellet producers in Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia. It offers convenient access from major interstate highways and accommodates rail service via CSX, NS and Norfolk & Portsmouth Belt Line (NPBL) railroad companies. Additional terminal logistics benefits include :
- 1.5 MM annual throughput expandable to 3 MM metric tons
- Direct transfer capability from truck and rail receiving to ship
- ecoFUELS’ operated truck scaling and bottom drop receiving pit
- 24 hour operations with quick turnaround capabilities
- 12 hour turnaround capability for unit trains of 40 cars
- Proprietary track system for 60 unit car loads with additional shared track access for temporary storage and car movements
- Deep water port – 43 feet
- Sufficient space to add 4 or more domes
- Ship loading capacity can be increased to 1,500 MTPH at minimal cost when markets dictate
Parties interested in long-term storage service agreements can submit Customer Non-Binding Storage Service Request Forms to ecoFuels from July 15 through September 16, 2013. All forms are due by 5:00 PM Central Standard Time on September 16.
Inquiries and requests for additional information should be directed to ecoFUELS representatives George Lyons or Dick Robinson. Mr Lyons can be reached at (832) 251-4281 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Robinson can be reached at (832) 251-4279 or email@example.com.